Even though we are frequent procrastinators, we find that does not always serve us well. And forgetting Mother’s Day is not very high on our list since we love & adore our Moms! Staying healthy and active is a huge part of what makes her a superstar. So we thought we’d make a list of some of our fav’s to help her stay on track. . . and it just might help you with some ideas for Mother’s Day, which is right around the corner. . . . hint, hint. . . :)
- Water is essential for healthy living and even though all those pricey green juices are fantastic, there’s no substitute for plain ‘ol H20. But how you tote that water around is a different story - there’s lots of options for that!! Although we love a bunch of different water bottles - we’re particularly fond of the Klean Kanteen insulated bottle because it's a great multitasker. It’s ultra durable, not plastic (yuck!) and it can keep things cold or HOT! Talk about versatile! Anyhow - pair this with a glass straw (see below) and the coffee top and you're ready to roll!
- Last time I tried to hydrate enroute to my hot yoga class, I found myself drenched in water from my wide-mouth water bottle since I clearly can’t walk & drink at the same time. While this wasn’t totally disastrous for me that time around (headed out for a good sweat anyhow), it would have been much worse if I had been on my way to meet up with some friends for lunch. So now, I pretty much exclusively drink from a glass straw- whether it’s hot or cold liquids - coffee, tea, lemon water or a stellar juice. Everything tastes better with a glass straw - in fact, I have a different straw for every purpose (it’s true - see IG pic here! ) Go for a skinny straw if hot liquids are the fav, or classic if cold liquids are the norm.
- Well, it just wouldn’t be right if we didn’t think your Mom would like at least one of our very own products, right? We think they are all great, but since we are specifically talking about staying active - our pick for your Mom is the yoga mat strap. Again, super versatile as this can be used for her yoga mat, of course, but for a cozy wool blanket to take to the fireworks, for a picnic at the park or a hike in the woods. A sleeping bag, ground cloth or even 2 yoga mats would fit with no trouble at all. Hard to stay classy with those nylon straps you see all over. This lovely leather mat strap is simple, but stylish and you can even add custom lettering to make it uniquely hers.
- A great yoga mat is must have. They are certainly not all created equal. We love our Manduka mat - great grip for everything we do. And why not spend the few extra bucks to get this amazing limited edition opalescent mat that happens to come with a lifetime guarantee.So gorgeous!
- There’s no substitute for a great comfy top and cute pant to take on casual outings or for post-workout. We love everything Prana for the great clothing, gear and responsible approach. This top is cute, but also comfy so it wins on all levels and these jeans. . . . oh, these jeans. . . so classic, lightweight, every color under the sun, and super duper stretchy. Perfect.
Hope this little post help a few of you find something special for the Moms out there!